Airport parking is one of the most interesting parking operations from the guidance perspective as it typically contains lots of challenging features such as:
- Parking is spread out on a large area
- Multiple parking areas including mix of facilities and open areas
- Occupancy levels are high and parking is 24/7 operation
- Parking and technology have evolved over time as airports have expanded
All of these features occur naturally also in other parking settings but airport parking is one of the very few, if not the only one, that contains all of these at the same time. Thus, one could say that airport parking is not a single parking operation but resembles more of a multi-site operations where different locations offer different service levels and customer experiences and where operator also wants to actively differentiate between parking areas. All the above poses quite a few practical challenges including:
- How do customers find the remaining few spots in highly occupied garages?
- Is the last 1-2% of the parking capacity wasted?
- How to optimize customer experience and revenues between different locations?
- Parking data originates from multiple sources which may provide conflicting information to the operator and to customers
Effective and accurate parking guidance can address these challenges and provide tangible benefits:
- Customers and easily locate available spaces even in highly occupied locations
- Last few percents of the capacity can effectively be utilized which has a direct impact on revenue
- Parking guidance can be one differentiator between locations and offers additional opportunities for tariff and revenue optimization
- High quality parking experience helps in competition against other modes of transportation or parking outside the airport
Portier and our unique range of solutions combines with our unique Portier HOST platform is really a match made in heaven for airports! Our diverse portfolio offers solutions for outdoor as well as indoor areas which allows airport parking operators to select the right solution according to the use case. Furthermore, all technologies are seamlessly integrated into Portier HOST software which means that the operator can effectively manage all parking guidance with a single application.
You can access our case study of Helsinki Airport here